Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Love for Jonny


Finding myself in a new country, one of my biggest concerns is my lack of a trusted hair dresser. About a year ago I found myself in the same predicament when Warren from Carlton disappeared without a trace. In my humble opinion South Africa is pretty much devoid of well trained hair stylists and I endured many bad hair days until I payed Jonny Diamonds a visit. A girl I worked with actually tried to set us up which is the reason I found myself in his salon one Saturday. It is tucked away in High Constantia underneath Greens so most people don't even know it's there but it is worth a visit just for the interior - 50's pin-up girl wall murals, black and white floor tiles, gold flying ducks, dressing room lighted mirrors, retro everything and then you meet Jonny himself...Let's just say he is one of a kind. I trusted him immediately because he has this way of putting every client at ease and for a girl with OCD this is much appreciated. I love the Brits dry sense of humour and the man is hilarious! He has the most amazing stories that you forget you are even there for a haircut. And he serves vino not tea, I was in love! I miss him already...Give him a try y'all, you won't regret it.

Jonny Diamonds
Shop 5 High Constantia Centre
Constantia Main Road
021 794 2233

x
P.S. Just remembered he is selling the new limited edition colour collection GHDs and if you take in any old pair of hair straighteners you get a discount. Do it! I NEED the purple one.

No comments:

Post a Comment