Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ikea!


I remember Swedish girls I worked with in London talking about Ikea so naturally I was excited when Puff said we were going there. The reason for the expedition was that Puff did not possess a bedside lamp (very odd in my opinion) or a dustbin (equally strange - men!). The place is huge! When we arrived, hungry, we got a hot dog and a sandwich for like 2 francs and that is very cheap for Switzerland and they tasted good! More of a snack than a meal but still. We had a slight hiccup when I had to disinfect my hands before we ate which Puff just doesn't get(I always carry hand sanitizer with me as I am phobic of germs). The couple next to us also looked at me funny. Then we went in search of the goods. I loved it! Especially the baby furniture section which Puff practically ran through. My broodiness freaks him out...but the cribs were so cute, I wanted one. They were like baby four posters. And then I remembered the bed we had seen at the Biscuit Mill and we hatched a plan. We found a huge mosquito net that is actually meant for outside (by now we had also found a lamp but in the excitement the dustbin was forgotten). When we got home I found some beads including the ones from Matjie's charm bracelet I broke at our farewell(sorry Ma!)and Puff spent the evening making strands we suspended inside the net which we hung over the bed. The result? Princess Bed! And a cool lamp. It was a successful outting. And inexpensive. Ikea rocks! I'm going back for the bin.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment