Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hyperchondria is a bitch


Yesterday I woke up convinced I was dying. I couldn't sleep and did not know what to do with myself. It did not occur to me that this might be due to the copious amount of vino consumed during Bafana's game against the frogs (Show dem! And we did!)I woke Puff up, informed him the end was nigh and insisted he take me to a hospital. He tried to tell me I was simply hungover but I refused to listen and, as girls do, cried until he complied. So we made our way to a surgery where a friend of his works for an appointment with the good doctor Guggenheim. The name alone cheered me up - hilarious! We had to wait a while which I despise so I entertained myself talking to the girls at reception and watched them take blood while Puff politely listened to some woman's story about her back problems and the health shoes she has to wear for it (snore). Finally my turn came and Guggenheim appeared. I obviously wanted Puff to accompany me but they have a law in Switzerland that only the sick person (me) is allowed in with the doctor. Dr G spoke English so this was no problem for me but Puff was not happy, bless his sweet heart...until he accidently poked me - Bad Puff!- with the sharp corner of a pamphlet about pollen counts during Summer(the Swiss really don't have a lot to worry about). I don't know if he thought doctor man would touch me inappropriately or what but anyway...I had to sit on a bed thingy and explain what the matter was. I told him I can't sleep since we got here (it stays light till 10pm) and he asked me why I thought so (c'mon man I just can't ok!)I explained that I tend to worry about EVERYTHING and thankfully he got it, wrote me a prescription and we were on our way. Suddenly I felt right as rain! Then we got Ed Hardy Energy Drinks (see below) and took the bus home. I finally got some sleep which Puff is still doing. I swear he could sleep as a profession! But I'm really just jealous. And he looks so sweet sleeping in the Princess Bed he made me. We saw one at the Biscuit Mill that I fell in love with. Unfortunately it was a tad pricey so we made one when we got here. Cute no?
Sweet dreams y'all.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment