Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cabin Fever


I hate flying so the journey over here was not one I was looking forward to. I have always wondered why airports and airlines don't try to reduce the stress of travelling...but anyway. Take-off is the part I hate most and someone told me recently that if you count to 45 and are not in the air you can kiss your ass goodbye (thank you Duncan). I always close my eyes,pray and promise to be good forever if we can just make it there in one piece. This time I also almost broke Puff's hand squeezing it so hard AND screamed. Oops. Once I am actually in the air I can relax and this is always helped by the complimentary wine on board. Puff fell asleep almost immediately so I tried to distract myself with the in-flight entertainment on offer and Emirates' had loads to choice from (the food was also really yum). An Italian girl I lived with in London always called me Alice after the children's book so I thought I would watch Tim Burton's version. I loved it! But my favourite scene has to be the opening one which goes something like this...

Alice: "Father, am I crazy?"
Father: "Yes Alice, you are crazy, bonkers, round the twist. But I'll tell you a secret; the BEST people always are."

When we flew over the Swiss Alps I yodelled (hey, Heidi Klum looks cute doing it)and then sang that Gwen Stefani song, "High on a hill with a lonely goat, la la la."
After all, who wants to be normal?
x

No comments:

Post a Comment