Friday, March 26, 2010

Oops

Yesterday I woke up in a very good mood. I wasn't hungover or stressed for a change which was nice. I made Puffin and I tea, had a long refreshing shower and planned the day ahead. I had lots to think about as yesterday happened to be boyfriend's birthday and I had organised a surprise party for him. But i took it in my stride and told myself I was more than capable of accomplishing all the tasks that lay ahead. I packed my bag, checked my list, kissed the snoring mound under the duvet and skipped off to work.
I sat down at my desk and opened my inbox. I noticed an email from my boss' PA. I was greeted with this:

PSE RETURN RUGBY SEASON TICKETS

Thanks

V

I was very confused by this. Indeed my boss had given me tickets to the rugby which we went to last Saturday. (It was like watching ants ran around and crash into one another and some drunk moron poured beer on my head as we left. But Puffin seemed to enjoy it until I insisted we leave at half time and go watch on the big screen in the safety of the nearby country club). Sensing something was amiss I cast my mind back to what we'd done with the tickets after we left the stadium and through the haze of cheap wine and the hippie's potent weed I recall walking past a group of bedraggled looking coloured children. Being the compassionate souls we are we thought it would be such a a treat for them to get to watch the rest of the game live...

that's right. I gave away my bosses rugby season tickets. I'm already looking for a new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment