Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Burlesque Circus, ooh la la!


A few weeks back I was informed via email by the Fwaza to be at a particular address in town at 7pm sharp so I just replied "See you there. x" and hit send assuming it was a new restaurant stepmother wanted to try. I think it was a Thursday as I was tired and grumpy after work but did the right thing (brushed teeth, did make-up, put on clean clothes etc)and headed to said address. For once in my life I was actually on time and the first to arrive so I found parking, hoped Possum would would not be broken into or vandalised, walked around the corner and found myself in front of the Fez Club. at this point i became confused, checked the address and it seemed I was in the right place. The burly doorman sensed my distress, assured me i was where I should be and ushered me inside. A kindly guy then led me through the club and downstairs through red velvet curtains into a MAGICAL theatre. There was a big screen playing black and white Burlesque dance routines and old French cinema clips, a huge 3D face sticking its tongue out at me on the opposite wall and a gilt cage suspended among clouds hanging from the ceiling. And no I was not on anything. I was then handed a yummy champagne cocktail and led to our "table". In reality it was a red velvet booth with a huge mirror, a chandelier hanging above the table and dividers separating ourselves from our neighbours. I had died and gone to Burlesque heaven! The show was awesome. As some of you know I have the attention span of a flea but I was absorbed from start to finish. It's funny, really sexy and the costumes and make-up are awe inspiring. Seriously do yourself a favour. the food was yum too - you get a 3 course meal during intervals. It's called Vaudeville Burlesque Supper Club and I'm taking Puff as soon as. semi naked girls. what's not to love?


www.vaudeville.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment