Thursday, December 23, 2010

GHD resurrected


So a while ago my GHD starting being naughty. It still worked but only if I twisted the cord and held it at just the right angle. This being far from ideal I put the new limited edition purple model on my Christmas wish list. I think it's so pretty, my colleague said it looks like a sex toy. Anyway, knowing I've been such a good girl this year I was sure Santa would deliver the goods. Then Matjie suggested I investigate getting my old one fixed rather :( That's like getting old shoes re-heeled instead of buying new ones...But I reluctantly took to Gumtree and found the address of an establishment called Speedy Flat Iron Repairs (0747127084). I emailed them and explained what was wrong with my sick GHD but stressed that I could not be parted from it for longer than a day as I would then be unable to go out in public including to work. Mr Speedy is definitely in the right job as he completely understood and the next day operated on my flat iron and had it cured within an hour! And he only charged me R150. So GHD and I are in love again and I saved about two grand. See, it's nifty being thrifty even when you are a princess. x

No comments:

Post a Comment