Friday, May 14, 2010

Going South, heading North

What a week. Actually make that the past month. Things began going south the morning of Freedom Day. We had hit it pretty hard the previous night but for some unbeknown reason I woke up at 7am dehydrated and headed to the kitchen to boil the kettle. On my way back to my cave I slipped in a puddle of water and ended up on my hands and knees on the floor. Ouch. I glanced to my left and saw water. Running down the wall. Oh my shattered nerves. I ran around like a headless chicken, finally found my phone and called the responsible sister aka Twin Set and Pearls.
Me: “OMG, help! Water, wall, disaster, don’t know what to do, blah, blah, blah,aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!”
TSAP: “Call a plumber.”
Me: “Wow, that’s smart.”
TSAP: “Beep.”
By know Weasel had been woken by all the commotion and emerged to find out what the hell was going on but I was already shouting down the phone to a plumber friend I know. Bless his heart, he turned his van around on the M5 and was at the flat in 15 minutes flat. I wanted to kiss him when I opened the door but resisted as Puff was now also awake. Between telling me about his love life and the goings on of the Peddlar’s crowd he informed me that the vacumn breaker had burst off the geyser. Of course this meant nothing to me but it was clearly not good. He duly replaced it and went on his way (thanks Rob - Van's Plumbing 0731193611). Since then I’ve quit my job and booked a one way ticket to Switzerland. Here’s to freedom y’all.
x

1 comment: